Sunday, November 18, 2012

a note from mom's pink sharpie


Ever since I can remember I’ve been a “sign” person. Not the “sharp turn ahead” or “bread on isle number 3” or zodiac type signs, but the subtle hints in one’s tiny part of the universe that suggested some sort of truth, or acknowledgement, or even a course of action.

I have to admit that when I was younger I went seeking the signs rather than being more keenly aware of those coming naturally. In one’s youth, besides getting an education, establishing relationships outside of your immediate family tends to be the center of existence. Whenever I had a crush on someone, I use to say to myself, “If he looks up at me two times and smiles that means he likes me”. Of course, in second grade, the real sign would have been him pulling my hair, or teasing me incessantly. High school found me still believing in the romance novel type of sign, but in order for this to be real you have to turn and see if there are any other girls behind you, which most often is the case.

As I began to get older I didn’t seek out signs so much, but knew they were coming to me through the people I met, the experiences I had, and through my personal spiritual beliefs. Of course some were affecting my life more deeply than others, but all giving me pause to think. One of the most lighthearted and memorable signs I have with regards to Kelly actually happened before she was born. Her father and I were at a restaurant and the waitress noticed I was expecting. She asked if we knew the sex of the baby. A firm “no” being our answer she asked if she could perform the wedding ring test. My wedding ring dangled over my belly and began to move in a circle. “That means a girl”, she proclaimed. We smiled and during the rest of dinner, my husband and I talked about baby names, both girls and boys! The obvious sign was that the wedding ring was right, but the more subtle sign was that this became Kelly’s favorite restaurant and she was always made to feel extra special by the wait staff.

In the past two years, I’ve come to actually look for signs, both about the past, the present, and the future. A re-examination as to what led me to this place in life, how to deal with it as it exists, and what I need to do moving forward. Way too deep, I know, but it starts to naturally happen to most everyone as they grow older, maybe even more so if you are experiencing a difficult time. I have witnessed this in Kelly these past few months as she speaks about signs, both tangible and intangible, surrounding and, in a sense, guiding her. I hope she shares some of these in her posts, they are pretty incredible.

Diane Keaton recently stated in a magazine article, “See, this is what life is. People bring you to places you never expected you would go.” My interpretation: People often carry the “signs meant for you” through their words, action and love. Be a carrier!

Now here are a couple of interesting facts about breasts we came across: (Warning: it might seem like TMI, but good to know when talking about health.)

Nipple Hair Is Normal
Not everyone has nipple hair, but it is very common. The more hair a woman has all over her body, the more likely she is to have hairs around her nipples. These hairs are rarely cause for concern, but if you want to get rid of them, you can tweeze, laser, or trim them. However, you should “alert your physician if the amount of hair dramatically increases.” That could signal a women’s health condition or another type of medical issue that needs attention.

You Can Have More Than Two Nipples
It’s not a myth! Supernumerary nipple, also known as extra nipples, can grow on places other than your breasts and may even develop breast tissue. In fact, extra nipples are the most common congenital abnormality of the breast and can occur in both girls and boys. Some celebrities, including Lily Allen and Mark Wahlberg, are rumored to have them. Extra nipples — there can sometimes be more than one — typically develop along “milk lines,” which start in the armpit on each side of the body, run down through the nipples on the breasts, and end at the groin. However, they have also been known to occur on other areas of the body, including on a 22-year-old woman's foot, as far from the breast as it could get.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! 
Kimberly  


1 comment:

  1. It is impossible to deny the amazing popularity of online shopping these days, and it is easy to see why so many people love it. However, many people fail to realize that there are many tips to help make things even better.
    homeschoolersforken.com |

    penthousewilliamsburg.com |

    housesineastoxford.com |

    ronthomhome4sale.com |

    paradise-house.com |

    ReplyDelete

HOW TO POST A COMMENT:

1) Enter your comment in the text box below
2) Select an option from the “Comment as” drop-down menu
3) Click the “Publish” button
4) Depending on what you selected from the drop-down menu earlier, another screen or window will open, prompting you to either log-in to your account, enter your name, username, etc.; you may also be prompted to complete a “word verification” test
5) Enter the details needed
6) Click the “Publish” button
7) Refresh the page to see that your comment has indeed posted

-NOTE: If you select, “Comment As: Google Account,” you will be redirected to a Google sign-in page, asking you for your username and password. This is normal; you are logging into your account, in order to comment using your Google Account. Proceed with the log-in as you usually would. You will be taken back to the comment page or be prompted to set-up a Google+ Profile or Limited Blogger Profile (if you don't already have one) and then taken back to the comment page. Proceed with steps 5-7 above.

THE EASIEST WAY TO COMMENT:

1) Enter your comment in the text box below
2) Select “Name/URL” from the “Comment as” drop-down menu
3) Click “Publish”
4) In the window that opens, enter your name – leave the URL blank
5) Click “Continue”
6) Click “Publish”
7) Refresh the page to see that your comment has indeed posted

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!